Status of School for Friday September 14

When making decisions regarding whether we should close schools due to weather, the safety or our students and our staff is always our highest priority.  All week, our administrative team has been working in collaboration with local and state emergency management officials to track Hurricane Florence and her ever-changing forecast.  Some of our neighboring school divisions decided earlier this week that their schools would be closed tomorrow. I have decided to wait until now to make a decision due to the many unknowns that have been associated with this storm.  Based on current and forecasted conditions, we are planning on opening our schools on time tomorrow (Friday, September 14) and operating on a regular schedule.  As there are many unknowns with a storm of this magnitude, we will continue to monitor the ever-changing conditions associated with Hurricane Florence.  If there is a need to make a change to our operating schedule due to unforeseen changes in weather, road conditions, or power outages, we will notify you as soon as possible so that you can make accommodations in your family’s daily schedule.

Jeremy Raley, Superintendent


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *