In past years we have had several questions raised during the first week of school regarding transportation. Here are a few pieces of information pulled from the most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Returning students will not receive a “new” transportation schedule unless their bus assignment has changed. If you do not receive notice of a change, your child will ride the same bus this year as last year.
- Transportation schedules have been mailed out to all students that are new to the school system, all rising kindergarteners, rising 6th graders, students with bus route changes and students who have moved.
- Guidance counselors continue to submit new student information and we are assigning students to buses as they come in. At this point we are contacting parents of newly registered students by phone to arrange transportation.
- We will be tweaking the bus times during the first 10 days of school to maximize efficiency and minimize student wait and ride time. Parents will be notified if a child’s schedule will need to be changed for any reason.
- Some parents may choose to transport their child this year but until we hear from the parents that bus transportation is not needed, the student’s name will remain on the bus rosters.
- Parents or designee must accompany students in grades K-3 as they wait at the Bus Stop and be there to receive them each afternoon. For safety reasons, parents of students in grades K-3 are asked to be at his/her child’s bus stop 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up and discharge times.
- As in past years, Bus Passes will not be issued for the first 2 weeks of school to allow drivers to become familiar with their new routes and students.
If we can be of further help, please let us know. Everyone is excited to get the students back in school including the bus drivers. We are looking forward to a great school year! If you have any questions, please call our transportation department at 556-5361. Thank you for your continued support!