As we press on through cold & flu season, here are a few helpful resources and reminders to stay healthy:
Complete information about the flu and how to contain and manage it is given at www.flu.gov and atwww.cdc.gov/flu/. The Readiness Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center also has useful resources and information for addressing infectious diseases as part of a comprehensive emergency operations plan (EOP), including coping with a widespread outbreak at rems.ed.gov/KeepSchoolsSafeFromDiseases.aspx.
We encourage you to continue to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth;
- Avoid close contact with those who are already sick;
- Get plenty of sleep;
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of fluids;
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm;
Stay home if ill for at least 24 hours after fever is gone.